Friday, April 29, 2022

A Taste Of Sparring

I got my first taste of sparring this week. 

It began with some basic drills...but quickly turned into a free-sparring match with judges and all.  Truth be told, I was expecting to start sparring in this class...but I envisioned it more as a gentle, gradual progression...and not a massive shove.  But sometimes without the shove, nothing happens.  And so I'm thankful for how this class played out.

Like the grappling, I think this is something that I could get on board with.  I currently suck....but it's one of those things that sparked an excitement that I'm eager to explore.

Thank-you to my very first sparing opponent, Toudai Smith.  I truly appreciate you pulling that shot to my eye.

Btw...the graphic I've included does not at all represent how our match went.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment