Friday, April 30, 2021

Box Jumping - April 30

One of my personal goals is to complete a set of 10 box jumps.  You may recall me talking about this goal before.  I've had a plyometric box for 3 1/2 years and not one jump attempt.  It's totally a mental thing for sure.  Sifu Thomson offered to help me with this.  And so I've been doing step ups, switch jumps, side steps, etc, with my box mostly just to get used to it...get to know it...become friends so it's not so scary.

So I walked into my training area this morning....just like any other day....groggy....tired...dragging my feet.  I typically set my water bottle above my box, and when I went to do that...I was taken aback.  My box, for some reason, looked sort of small.  Or maybe I was finally just seeing it's actual size.  Either way....my immediate thought was "You gotta jump right now."

So I put my shoes on, pulled it forward, propped some weight behind it to keep it from sliding...added a couple cushions behind it as well....not sure what I thought those would do...but it made me feel better so I went with it....and then stood in front of it ready to jump.

And stood there...and stood there...

As each moment passed it seemed like the box was getting bigger and bigger again....and I continued to stand there....blocked by my own mind...for 13 minutes....no word of a lie....13 minutes...

And again I thought "You HAVE to jump right now.  It's time."  Video below of how it went.

I apologize for the strange sound I make.  It's a combination of emotion and suddenly remembering the kids were still sleeping.  But I wasn't about to do another "take".



1 comment:

  1. The best thing I have seen for two weeks. This made my day!

    ReplyDelete