Friday, December 4, 2020

I Am An Ox


2021 for the I Ho Chuan team will be the Year of the Ox.  I will be on that team.  

I am absolutely thrilled to take part.  I have all my requirements laid out.  I've started researching.  I've reached out to some different resources to reach my goals.  And I feel I'm prepared to make the year a success.

My very first official meeting with the I Ho Chuan team was last night.  As an incoming member, I'm attending these meetings now to "get my feet wet" so to speak.  I didn't have any expectations going in as to what these meetings entailed, but ultimately, it seems to be an opportunity to share with the group whatever might be on our minds, in a safe and accepting atmosphere.  I got to hear about some of the new and exciting things people have going on...along with the regular, but still altogether important, things as well.  I also heard about some really significant hardships that people are currently facing.  There was laughter and tears.  And at the end of it all, I really felt the power that a team can have.  If you're struggling, someone is there to support you.  If you see someone struggling, you offer your support.  You're never really alone on your journey and someone else's success can be just as fulfilling as your own when you're part of a team.  I haven't really known many of the team for long, and all I did last night was listen....but I still walked away feeling like a true member.  I thank-you all for that.  

I look forward to getting to know all of you better and to taking this journey with you.

I am an Ox.


Well...I'm actually a Sheep, which apparently is completely incompatible with an Ox.  But I won't let that get in the way.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment