Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Time For a Revamp - Part 1

I think it's time, once again, to revamp my training regime.  I'm finding that it's important to re-evaluate regularly in order to avoid sitting at a plateau for too long.  Once you get to a point where you seem to just be going through the motions, it's important to shake things up or risk finding yourself spinning your wheels and not going anywhere.  It can be hard to think that as much time as I put into my training, it can still become stale and inefficient.  But today I found myself thinking, "it feels like I'm just maintaining rather than progressing".  And I've come to trust my own judgement.

But please don't get me wrong.  ANY training is better than NO training.  And someday I may find myself in a space where all I can handle is maintenance.  And that's okay.  But today is not that day.  Right now I'm in a really good space, and I want to use this to keep pushing my training forward.  I don't want to waste it on maintenance.

My last revamp was Sept 21, 12 weeks ago.  How do I know that you ask??  Because I was easily able to look back in my blog.  (Yes...shameless plug for the benefits of blogging!!!).  I think 12 weeks is a pretty decent stretch for getting what I can out of this particular training schedule.

This time around, I plan to get some advice from some of the Sifus, specific to me.  So far, I've been pretty pro-active with my own training, including content for 1-on-1's, but I think I'm at a point where I'd like some direct feedback on what my instructors are seeing that I need to work on or the things they think would serve me best at this point in my training.  There's gotta be something I do where they watch and just think "what the heck is she doing?" 😅  I will always make sure to incorporate the keystone principles, but I'm thinking more in terms of mastery.  Meaning I'd like to re-focus the majority of my efforts on some specific areas, rather than the "all encompassing" "even-steven" approach I took this last time.  Not that it wasn't beneficial!  But like I said...it's just time to change things up.

One thing that will be added back on as a goal is the side heel.  I had put this on the backburner a while ago, and it's been nagging at me recently, which tells me it's time to revisit that goal.  And this time around I think I'll find myself a success coach so I can stay motivated and accountable.  I'm sure I'll be fending people off with a stick wanting to volunteer for that job. Not everyone at once now! 😂

Even as I write this I'm generating a bunch of different ideas for my new training regime...yet another benefit of blogging!! 😉

Stay tuned for Part 2...

1 comment:

  1. Incorporating change is one of the best strategies for flushing out mediocrity.

    ReplyDelete