Friday, July 31, 2020

My "Bad" Side

I find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with my "bad" side.  Not only is it much weaker in strength...but it's also very awkward and uncoordinated.  I have to really concentrate on both my positioning and directional movement because what I want to do on that side, just isn't right.  I will often perform a technique with my "good" side, paying close attention to even the smallest details and then attempt to mirror that on the "bad" side.  Even then, it still doesn't feel correct.  Besides repetitions, I'm not sure what else I can do.  I feel like I'm leaving that side in the dust and I worry it will end up being a huge weakness in the future if I can't somehow help it catch up.  I realize I'll always have a side that is weak-er than the other.  But I don't want a side that's simply weak.

1 comment:

  1. "Weaker and not simply weak". I like how you put that. I often tell my students that the best thing that can happen to them is an injury. Injuries are opportunities because they more often affect the side you use the most - your good side. You are correct, you will always have a weaker side and through repetition your weak side will eventually become your weaker side. Through opportunity, your weaker side may become your strong side.

    ReplyDelete