Friday, August 4, 2023

Side Heel Visualization

Over the last several weeks I’ve been doing a lot of visualization with almost everything.

Something that I’m excited to start working on again when I can is my side heel.  I was working on this a lot prior to my surgery.  But while being “off my feet” I’ve been analyzing a lot of old videos.  And while visualizing the kick in my head, trying to figure out what I need to do to really send my foot straight out, I stumbled upon something that I think may make a difference.

Previously, my initial intent was for my crane stance and bringing my knee up.  Then my intent would shift to my foot for the kick.  There always seemed to be a disconnect here.

I then happened upon a different approach.  Instead of focusing on bringing my knee up…I instead would focus on bringing my foot up.  With my focus and intent already with my foot, it feels like I will have better control and a more seamless shift to the kick.  I know it seems like the same thing, but I don’t think it is.

I’m antsy to start putting this theory to the test.

3 comments:

  1. And would it change your perspective if you think about bringing your heel up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh focus on the heel. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete