Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Thank-you

Today there was a moment where I almost wanted to cry.  

It was right after my physio.  I was defeated both mentally and physically.  It really didn’t go very well.  I was desperately trying to do the exercises that he wants me to do.  But I can’t seem to do them. I can’t move my toes how I want…or at all.  My big toe still doesn’t want to touch the ground.  And as little as I felt I did, my foot was extremely sore for the remainder of the day. I’m starting to feel panic.  Like I should have just lived with the pain from before.  Because so far, this is not better.  I just really want to see some improvement. 

Having said that, I felt much better after getting to class.  Although I had to be careful not to land on my bad foot, I actually did some shoulder rolls, some one legged shrimping (that was very hard), and even some side heel kicks (granted I had to use the wall for balance).  Oh, and some really sad lion dancing…but lion dancing nonetheless.

And even though nobody knew that my day itself was a real downer, everyone played a part in helping me end it in a much better note.

1 comment: