Monday, August 14, 2023

Little Wins

I actually threw some side heels today.  Real ones.  Without holding onto anything for balance for fear of stumbling and having to catch myself with my bad foot.

I could only kick with my right foot from a left lead.  I thought about trying to switch, but that would mean pivoting on my right foot.  And I couldn’t quite make myself do that mentally just yet.  So whenever the class switched to a right lead, I stayed put.  I also wasn’t ready to kick a bag. Again…a mental hurdle I need t overcome I think. 

But still…I actually threw some side heels and it feels like a pretty big deal so I’m feeling pretty good.

AND I got to drum a little bit for the class.  I desperately need practice with my thunder drumming so it was a good opportunity and one I’m grateful I was given.

1 comment:

  1. Bet you will be a monster when you are 100%, all the adapting and adjusting, watch out boards.

    ReplyDelete