Sunday, March 6, 2022

I AM…A Few Things

Back in November, as I prepared my personal requirements for the Year of the Tiger, I initially made a goal to take a formal class or course on working with children.  I did this because I had been helping at the kids’ classes and thought I should learn more on this subject.  I soon started to doubt that particular approach and quickly realized that, these kids themselves, would be my best resource.

Each and every child that comes into the Kwoon is different than the next.  Each one has their own strengths and weaknesses.  They have confidence in some things and fear in others.  They have their good days and their bad.  They each have very different and very unique needs.  There is never just one approach.  And even with the same child, that approach will change often.  

But regardless of the diversity between each child, I have somehow still managed to develop a connection with each of them.  How?  I believe my success is due to following their lead and then following my own instinct.  I’ve realized that by being patient and listening closely…not just to their words…and not just with my ears…they will eventually tell me exactly what they need.

I AM patient…I AM listening…I AM intuitive. 

Such a simple approach, yet has proven so valuable in this, and many other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment