Saturday, July 10, 2021

Learning To Steer

I’ve been experiencing some really great moments in Da Mu Hsing recently.  Specifically with feeling much more aware of my center.  When it’s low and strong. When it’s elevated and fragile.  When everything seems to flow from, and around, it.  Or when everything feels somewhat disconnected.  

The progress I’m experiencing isn’t necessarily with being more consistently centered, but instead, is with my awareness, in real time, that it’s shifting.   I can feel whether that shift is appropriate, or whether I need to adjust.  And I’m able to do this more quickly and without interrupting my form.   

I’ve started to feel like I’m the one in control of this.  Like I’m finally learning to steer the ship, rather than just bobbing along letting the waves take me where they will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment