Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Conversations with Dan

This blog is a compilation of some brief conversation tidbits I've had with Dan with regards to Kung Fu.  Some make me laugh...some make me roll my eyes...and others make me want to throw a spear hand somewhere soft.  

Either way, I thought you might enjoy these....some of you might recognize the first one.

Dan: [After overhearing the IHC team meeting]
You should go get me some popcorn.
Me:  No, I'm comfy.
Dan: huh...Jeff seems to think we have a good thing going...but now I just don't know.
Me:  [makes popcorn]

Dan:  Are you jealous that I can call Jeff "Jeff" and Khona "Khona"?
Me:  No.
Dan:  You should be.  It means they like me better.
Me:  [eye roll]

Me:  [laughing because I am beating both him and my mom at cards]
Dan:  I don't think this is how a black belt would act.
Me:  I'm not a Black Belt.
Dan:  Well not with that attitude.  Do I need to call Jeff?
Me:  [scowls and stops laughing]

Me:  [training at home, early morning]
Dan:  I'm going to run out.
Me:  Ok, can I make you a coffee to go?
Dan:  No, no.....you just carry on with your Kungfoolery.

Dan:  We should think of something you can do to end your day with Kung Fu on a positive note.
Me:  Why?  I'm fine.  Just a bit tired.
Dan:  Really?  You're sure?  You're not feeling even a little bit down because your side heel is total garbage and you biffed real hard on your plyo box this morning?
Me: [dead faced stare]

This is what I have to deal with Team. Every. Single. Day.  😉

1 comment:

  1. Even though you have to make popcorn, you do have a good thing going with Dan. Don't underestimate the value of your efforts when it comes to getting him to recognize the benefits of your kung fu. We all can learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete