Thursday, July 8, 2021

IHC Number Update - July 8, 2021

 My July IHC Update

✅ = achieving/exceeding my numbers or generally on track where numbers don't really apply.  

❌ = behind on my numbers, things aren't going well or I haven't taken any steps to complete the goal yet.

➖ = unsure of progress, the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet, it may take the full year to properly evaluate, or it's something I would need my instructors to determine my success/failure.  I've decided to still list these things here just as a reminder that they are still requirements.

Base Requirements

✅  Hand Form - Da Mu Hsing I-V  419/1000

✅  Knife Form - Goju-Shorei Talon  415/1000

✅ Push-ups  21655/50,000

✅ Sit-ups  21658/50,000

✅ Sparring  416/1000

✅ Kilometers 823/1609

✅ Acts of Kindness 417/1000

✅ Blogging/Online Presence

✅ Unexcused Absences

❌ Mastery by Stewart Emery...I've been neglecting this...

➖ Mend a Relationship - This is hard.  But I'm still working at it.

❌  Lion Dancing - haven't really focused on this recently

 ❌ Tiger Challenge

✅  Public Performances - Participating in virtual demo

✅  Core Curriculum - I'm assuming

✅  SRKF Projects and Initiatives - currently assisting Sifu Ward with virtual demo video.

Personal Requirements

✅  Weekly Dharma Talks - I'm running short on these.  I've substituted some reading of Thich Nhat Hanh books for this.

❌ Pottery - Not much happening hands on lately.  But my moms husband was here and got my kiln wired up properly so I should be able to do my first bisque fire!!!

✅  Box Jumps - This is proving to be very difficult.  I thought that after I worked past that first one it would be smooth sailing.  Not so.  I'm up to 3.  But progressing nonetheless.

✅ Learn how to change my car tires  - Complete.

❌ Learn how to change Oil  - I gave up waiting for Dan and took it in...lol.  This will have to wait until next time.

✅ Indoor Plant - I thought I was down to 1 lemon tree.  But I left the other (that seemed to be dying) and low and behold it suddenly had some new growth!!  My main lemon tree is doing very well (picture in comments).  Things were touch and go for a bit when Tank knocked my whole plant stand over and I even had to replant some things that were knocked right out of their pots.  But it looks like it's all survived that for now!  And my Kwoon spider plant is doing amazingly well and is producing all kinds of babies (picture in comments).

❌ Save for Family Getaway - I have to start over.  We needed a new roof.  😥

✅ Compliment Dan, Emma and Nathan at least once a day.

✅ Children's book - Complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment