Monday, May 17, 2021

Anguish

I'm literally distraught that I'm unable to partake in the Tiger Challenge this year.  It's keeping me up at night.  I keep wracking my brain as to how to make it work.  And I haven't yet been able to come up with a feasible plan.

We booked a campsite a couple months ago to take the kids camping.  Camping is really one of the only things a family can do nowadays, while still following all the COVID guidelines and staying safe.  If this only impacted me, I'd choose the tournament...hands down.  But it doesn't.  The family is looking forward to a change in scenery....doing something different...and we always have so much fun camping.  But of course...Murphy's Law needs to rear it's ugly head.  We don't do anything for months...always at home....and then the one plan we make coincides with something I've been looking forward to basically since last year's tournament.  I really don't like you, Murphy.

This is so extremely difficult for me for a couple reasons. No laughing.....ok fine laugh...we could all use one....go ahead.

Firstly, I have an odd need to be evaluated...tested.  I wish, as an adult, I still got a report card once in a while.  Is this too much to ask???  😂  Good or bad, I have this need to know where I'm at using very specific criteria with a very specific marking system.  Yes I know....it's a little "coo-coo"....a bit nerdy.  But the struggle is real!!!  I laugh about it....I joke about it....but deep down I still wish one day a report card would magically appear in the mail.

Second, it's an IHC requirement to participate.  I can't handle not fulfilling this requirement and it's causing me so much inner turmoil.  I will literally have a big red X next to this and there won't be another opportunity for this (for this year of course).  I will probably remove this from my list so I don't have to look at it....you know...out of sight, out of mind. 😣

Uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhh...... (that's me typing my anguish).

I keep trying to figure out how I could make this work from the campground.

Maybe the wifi will be okay there?...

Maybe I can find an open space somewhere where I won't be in other peoples' way?...

But that doesn't solve the time factor.  I can't expect the family to just wait around for me.  And it defeats the purpose of family time if everyone else is out hiking or canoeing and I'm somewhere else doing my own thing.

I think I might still take some videos of my IHC forms and post them.  I'll have Dan notarize that I only did one take.  And then if you could all just score me that'd be great.  I'll be able to sleep at night again.  😂  No, but seriously....

No comments:

Post a Comment