Friday, May 14, 2021

Knife Progress

I recently took a progress video of my Knife form.  I've decided to start sharing these here for the team.  I figure that if we were training in person, you would all get to see what I'm up to, so why not here instead.  It's also a nice way for me to have a record of my progress documented in my blog.

I know for me, as I train, it's really hard to tell if anything's changing...if I'm improving and progressing.  So videos are a great resource.

When I watched my latest progress video and compared it to the previous one, I was actually a bit taken aback by the difference.  In my latest video, I think am much faster....in a good way.  Still fluid, but the movements are coming more naturally and my technique seems crisper.  I  am moving my blade more continuously and am fine-tuning my cutting motion.  Ultimately I think I'm getting better at handling my knife.  Rule #2 for the knife...a moving blade is a cutting blade.  Rule #1 for the knife you ask???...if you actually find yourself in a knife fight...you're gonna get cut.

Youtube link below.  I've embedded a couple portions of my previous progress video in this one so you can see the comparison.

Anyhow...I'm fairly happy with my progress thus far!  

No comments:

Post a Comment