Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Kung- Fu'ing My Kids Part 4 of...

Parenting is the number one thing in my life that causes self-doubt.  I'm sure many parents feel the same way.

How do you encourage, without forcing?

How do you promote good decisions without just deciding for them?

There was a big long blog that came after this.....but then I ultimately realized the answer is I don't.  I pretty much need to do all of these things at this stage in the game.

Encourage....and when they don't want to, force them.

Promote good decisions....and then re-make the decision if they choose wrong.

Hahahahahahahaha...oh man I don't even know why I thought I could do it any different right now.

I guess I will know I'm doing a good job when I don't have to do so much of those second parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment