Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Take Care of Yourself First

I believe that the needs of the individual are just as important as the needs of those they support and care for...if not MORE so.  Now there may be extreme circumstances on occasion that will require sacrifice.....but generally speaking, if you don't take care of yourself first, you cannot (at least successfully or long term) take care of others.   In fact, I have actually found the opposite to be true.  If I'm not taking care of myself, I have very little to give to others...AND it's of very poor quality.  Alternatively, when I've taken care of myself first, I typically have MUCH more to offer in many aspects of life, even extending beyond my immediate family and friends.

Take care of yourself first and everyone around you will benefit.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my first lessons from Master Shergold. It took me over twenty years to fully grasp it but I finally did. Anyone who does not think their own health and well being is the most important thing in their life is not a parent or someone who has someone else depending on them. Too often we diminish our worth to another person and forget what a difference we make in others' lives.

    My favourite TNH mantra: "I know you are there and I am very happy."

    ReplyDelete