Friday, October 2, 2020

Frustrated

Feeling increasingly frustrated.

I know what I'm supposed to be doing with my side heel.  I understand the mechanics.  At least I'm pretty confident I do.  But I can't seem to engage everything without losing my balance.  I'm not solid.  I feel disconnected from the ground.  It's embarrassing and I absolutely hate having to do this kick in class in front of everyone.  Nobody else seems to have this issue.  I don't get it.  I work on this every...single...day.   I've hit a wall and don't really know what to do.  It's probably time for another progress video.  Fingers crossed somethings gotten better.

1 comment:

  1. Your side kick, last I saw it, was looking good. You've tweaked your neck recently and thus everything is going to be affected by that. Make sure you are not expecting something that is not reasonable while you are physically compromised.

    The side kick is as complicated as a technique can come. Its perfect form is reliant upon a lot of moving parts and forces to work together in perfect timing. We're talking years before consistent competency is achieved. Try to enjoy the ride and all the experience that comes with the complexity of the journey.

    ReplyDelete