Monday, October 12, 2020

Why Am I Doing This?

Why am I doing this?  It's hard to put into words.  Kung Fu, both the physical and spiritual aspects, fit me.  My life.  My ideals.  My values.  My beliefs.  Almost like it has always been a part of me from the beginning, but I didn't know it was there... sitting dormant, waiting to be found.

Is it all easy?  Does it all come natural?  Of course not.  Almost none of it in fact.  The challenge, the struggle, is part of why it's so incredible.  And why the successes are all that more extraordinary.

If I knew today that I would never wear a black belt, would I still be doing this?   If I knew today that I would never wear anything other than my white belt, would I still be doing this?

Absolutely.

If my answer ever changes, and I get lost, I hope my blogs will serve as a beacon to find my way back. 

1 comment:

  1. Exactly! Motivation and perspective are always in flux. What you are doing with this journal will definitely provide the kindling and the spark to keep you training if you lose your way.

    ReplyDelete