Friday, May 31, 2024

Easy Out

I hate to say it...but I think the requirement to post our numbers, if nothing else, is actually working against me.

After blogging straight for 221 days last year, I ended up breaking my blogging rhythm, rather than enhancing it.  Ever since then, blogging has been a struggle.  What was once easy and natural, is now difficult and often forced.  I can't seem to put words together anymore and often start and restart a blog 10 times, never really knowing what I'm trying to say or where I'm trying to go.  But I still always made myself do it.  I scratched and scraped bits and pieces together...no matter how haggard...and continued to fulfill the base blogging requirement of once a week.

Being handed the numbers topic has become a bit of an "easy out" for me and I think I need to [grudgingly] admit that I am using this more than I should.  Too hard to blog...just post the numbers...running out of time...post the numbers.  I'm not proud of it...but having this "fall back" has actually become an excuse not to push for something more.

I wouldn't consider myself a "bare minimum" type of person and I really wish I could get myself out of this blogging funk I've been in for almost a year.  Hopefully if I just keep going it will eventually sort itself out.

IHC Numbers To Date

Pushups = 14513
Situps = 14319
Fan = 322
Long = 259
Sparring = 202
Km's = 348

No comments:

Post a Comment