Friday, May 24, 2024

Maybe Not Fully Prepared...But I Think I'm Ready

I'm not sure I feel fully prepared for the Tiger Challenge.  But I remember feeling this same way last year, so I think this may just be a normal feeling for me leading up to any event where I need to put my skills on display.  I don't know if anyone feels 100% ready.  At some point you just have to say "Ok.  I've put the effort in.  Now I just enjoy the day and see what happens!"

I had a solid plan for a while for what I would be doing.  As it's gotten closer, certain things just haven't felt quite right and I've made some changes to the forms I'll be doing.  I remember last year, I changed my Hand Form about 30 seconds before it was my turn to perform. I'm glad I did, as my intended form just wasn't feeling right in the moment.  I'm also glad I maintained my other form to the point that I was able to do it with both confidence and competence.

That has sort of been my general philosophy this time around.  Make a plan, but make sure to keep up with other forms at the same time.  This will allow be to make last second decisions depending on my mood the day of...ensuring that my spirit is aligned with what I'm about to do.

Obviously there are some events where this isn't possible.  Anything with a partner...and the musical form...are probably pretty much set in stone.

But should the mood strike, I have several hand forms and a few weapons ready to go.

So no...I don't really feel fully prepared...but I still think I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment