Thursday, March 7, 2024

I AM an Example

I've been feeling my confidence slipping lately.

It feels like my "misses" are greatly outweighing my "hits", so to speak. Like I can't quite get things right. Nothing major on it's own, but little fails, struggles or mistakes continue to build up and I'm starting to feel their collective weight.

When my confidence is low, I feel like a fraud. As a blue belt, an IHC team member, an instructor and a parent...I need (want) to set an example for those around me. So here I am, trying to encourage and motivate others, trying to lead by example, trying to demonstrate, trying to teach...all the while feeling like I'm the most unqualified person to be doing any of it.

Yet I recognize that the desire in me to set a good example and to be a good leader is actually the thing that is keeping me moving forward in times like this. I encourage others to keep moving, keep trying, keep pushing...even when they are feeling discouraged...and so that is the example I want to set.



IHC Numbers To Date
Pushups = 4612
Situps = 4636
Fan = 151
Long = 69
Sparring = 24
Km's = 86
AOKs = 151

3 comments:

  1. I think one of the most important qualities of a leader is venerability, and showing others how to move forward, while still being open about our struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all frauds until we are not. You can't start anything new competently which is why so many people never push themselves beyond their limits. Those limits are arbitrary but hey become hard limits if we do not even try. Try, fail, and be a fraud until you no longer are. Work hard to grow into the person you want to be but NEVER regret who you are. Now is but a signpost on your way to something better.

    ReplyDelete