Monday, November 22, 2021

5 Applications Training

I've been working with Ms. Kohut now for a few months.  

When she first approached me about being her partner for her 5 applications, I was a bit hesitant.  Not because I didn't want to do it.  Not because I wasn't completely floored and honored that she had thought of me...

I was hesitant because I didn't think I was the right choice.  I thought she was making a mistake by not choosing someone with more skill and experience and my immediate thoughts were,

I wasn't good enough,
I didn't deserve this opportunity,
She would regret her choice,
And I would ultimately fail her.

These thoughts haven't dissipated completely...but irrelevant of whether they have substance or not, I am so glad that I chose to put them aside and say yes.  Not only have I had the opportunity to get to know her better, but I've been so fortunate to have direct access to her skill and knowledge.  She is always very patient with my questions and is always willing to share her experiences, both good and bad.  All of this plus my break falls have improved tremendously.  

Moving forward, I am going to make every effort to grab hold of any opportunity that presents itself.  Sure, there may be occasions where there are valid reasons to decline...but I don't want them to ever be based on self doubt or fear of failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment