Thursday, November 11, 2021

Fall Break Livestream Challenge

I’ve really been enjoying the livestream lesson challenge (thank you Ms Ward!).  And just my luck that a few of the lessons have covered Da Mu Hsing, my IHC form.

Watching these videos, I’ve been seeing so many things I don’t remember noticing previously. At the time they were released, I was more focussed on learning the form, rather than understanding the form.  I was more focussed on the basics, rather than the details.  Now that I’ve got a handle on the basics, these little details are jumping out at me from all over the place…and essentially slapping me in the face.  I couldn’t believe how much more I was seeing…how much more I was noticing.  And I often find this type of mental progression just as exciting, if not more so, than physical progress.

In any event, this certainly wasn’t what I expected from this challenge.  And I see great value in revisiting these lessons on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment