Sunday, February 7, 2021

When I Grow Up


I have chosen the knife as my weapon for the Year of the Ox.  As part of my research for this training I reached out to Sifu Solinger, who developed a double dagger form a few years ago and was generous enough to point me specifically to the 2016 Chinese New Years Banquet video.

But this blog isn't about my knife.

I just finished watching the video and am absolutely in awe of every single person in that demonstration...many of the faces familiar.

I can't even fathom having that kind of skill...precision...speed....control.  It feels so far beyond what I will ever be capable of.  But any time I see these demos, I am always inspired to try.  

I am so fortunate and thankful to be training with all of you for the Year of the Ox....and hopefully for many IHC years to come.

I aspire to be like all of you when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment