Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The Knife - Part I

I have chosen the knife as my weapon for the Year of the Ox.

The main portion of my training will be using the Goju-Shorei weapons system developed by Master Dave McNeill.  There are a series of strike, block and tip sets I will be learning, as well as the Talon Form.  I have been fortunate enough to gain access to some very old training videos of Master McNeill, as well as a PDF manual.  Not only has this content essentially been archived, with a newly redesigned system taking it's place, but it is also content not typically taught until a higher level.  So I'm very grateful to not only have been given the opportunity to study this style, but to be studying it in it's earlier form.  

It feels right for me to start at the beginning.  And perhaps, one day, I will be able to share it, and pass it on to others.



Note:  Here's the link to the Goju-Shorei website if you'd like to know more.

https://gojushorei.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment