Thursday, January 21, 2021

My Crane

I'm currently working on my crane stance.  

That may sound odd, because I'm not sure there are many people that need to work on this, but I definitely do.

One of my weak points is my balance...and my grounding; my ability to be grounded, to stay grounded and to re-ground when required.  This weakness causes problems in a whole bunch of areas...one of which is my kicks.  I think that one of the reasons I have such difficulty with staying strong and grounded with my kicks is the fact that I'm not strong and grounded to start with.  I want to be able to get into a crane stance, and not be forced to throw a kick before I'm really ready because I literally might topple over if I don't.  I want my kick to be on my terms.  I'd like to be able to get into a crane stance, and have the ability to change my course of action if need be.  I'd like to be able to get into a crane stance, and be stable enough to defend myself even on one leg.

I realize this issue is likely not solely linked to my crane stance.  And I know this is also something that will improve over time with consistent practice.  But if there are things I can do to help things along, then I'll give it a shot!

And so....I am working on my crane stance.


No comments:

Post a Comment