Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Ouch


My poor dog got "quilled". 

A year ago, this would have sent me into a panic.  I would have been stressed out....anxious....and generally confused about what to do.  I would have been worried about her well-being, the cost, missing work, still getting the kids where they needed to go, etc, etc.  All of those worries would have been too much to handle all at once and I possibly would have lashed out at those around me because of my discomfort and frustration.  

For some reason I was able to handle the situation calmly and with a clear head.  Was my morning a little crazier than usual?  Of course.  But I seemed to be able to assess the situation, determine the severity and make a plan, while keeping the kids' morning routine basically normal, all without becoming overly distraught or anxious.

I'm fairly certain that Kung Fu, and my meditation practice, are likely the main reasons I was able to stay in the moment and keep a clear head.


2 comments:

  1. It’s amazing what the Kung Fu can do for you. Hope your dog heals fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased that you recognize the difference it is making for your mental state. The change is gradual so many people take it for granted. I can't count how many times an ex-student has come to me with their regrets for quitting. They always notice that their ability to handle stress is greatly diminished after they stop training. Unfortunately for most, the clarity comes quite late.

    ReplyDelete