Friday, November 3, 2023

Kung Fu'ing My Kids Part 10 Of....

It dawned on me this past week how far my kids have come.  

As I held the boards in Emma's group for board breaking, I was taken by surprise at how strong she has gotten, both physically and because of her technique.  Last year she struggled with the starter orange board.  This year she was breaking the higher level orange and even the green.

As we were getting ready for our day the other morning, I noticed uniforms were already laid out, ready to go for after school.

As we were leaving the house for classes, I realized I can't even remember the last time it was an argument to go.

As I watched them do their 1-on-1s recently, I've noticed the way they interact with their instructors and how much that has changed and evolved.

As we plan our weekends, I'm amused at their disappointment when there is no open training.


As a parent I have to be the one that motivates, reminds, pushes and stands firm...trying to encourage the development of important skills, habits and character....but eventually, over time, these things suddenly become their own.  And they just are.

It's not an easy road...but it's definitely worth it.

IHC Numbers To Date

Pushups = 29594
Situps = 29594
Kwan Dao = 594
Tai Chi Short = 701
Sparring = 584
Km's = 1174
AOKs = 751

No comments:

Post a Comment