Sunday, February 11, 2024

25 Things

This was a challenge put forth by Sihing Burke as her birthday challenge. But I thought this was a fun way to hi-light events from the year and wanted to have it saved as a blog. I’ve included yesterday as well because I feel that banquet day is the culmination of the year. 
  1. Sifu Brinker breaking my drumstick hours before game time. 
  2. Being asked to drum my first banquet...and doing it. 
  3. Taking part in my first live Tiger Challenge. 
  4. Being Sihing M Wards applications partner. 
  5. Undergoing major surgery and overcoming the challenges that came with it. 
  6. Realizing the power of visualization. 
  7. Being asked by a black belt to teach them my Kwan Dao form. 
  8. All of my 1-on-1s.
  9. All lion dance practices and watching that unfold and come together. 
  10. Digging the peace pole area with Todai Vogt. 
  11. Fight choreography with Sihing M Ward and Todai A Csillag. 
  12. Teaching the Young Dragons. 
  13. Watching Emma grade for orange. 
  14. Watching Nathan grade for yellow. 
  15. Watching every belt promotion, both adults and kids. 
  16. Helping plan the Young Dragons banquet demo and being really proud of all of them.
  17. Learning the Tai Chi short form. 
  18. Breaking my first wooden boards. 
  19. Holding the boards for the young dragons and realizing that my daughter can now look me right in the eye. (Height) 
  20. Doing Kung Fu with my scooter at the Kwoon. 
  21. Developing my Kwan Dao form. 
  22. Breaking my ceiling light in my house while practicing my Kwan Dao. 
  23. Napkin folding. 
  24. Working with brand new students.
  25. Earning my blue belt. 

IHC Dragon Numbers To Date
Pushups= 600
Sit-ups= 600
Fan Form= 0
Long= 0
Sparring= 0
Kim’s= 3
AOKs= 21

No comments:

Post a Comment