Monday, August 10, 2020

Go For It

I typically need to break things down before I can really understand something.  It allows me to see, step by step, what is needed for the whole.  When I break something down into its components, I can also often pinpoint what areas need the most work.  Typically this works really well for me.

But on occasion, I find myself unable to put everything back together.  I'm so obsessed with doing each little step just right that I end up psyching myself out.  So much so that I'll "stall out" right in the middle...almost like I'm SO scared of doing it wrong I just stop.  That's when I know it's time to let go of the specifics and stop analyzing every move.

Don't be scared to fail...don't be scared to look stupid....don't be scared to fall on your butt...just go for it.  Worry about the fine-tuning later.

1 comment:

  1. "If you want to succeed, double your failure rate" was the best advice I have every received. Effort is never wasted when we're talking about mastery. Sure, there are better and more efficient ways of accomplishing mastery but without effort you will never achieve it. Effort first, perfection later.

    ReplyDelete