Saturday, August 28, 2021

Not Quite Mine

At this past IHC class on Thursday we practiced our forms to music.  This isn't the first time we've done this, but it was the first time that we did both our weapon form and our hand form.

When I did my hand form to the music, it didn't go all that great.  I found that my mind was split between my form and the music.  I felt distracted and I couldn't seem to bring the two together.  And I'm pretty sure I didn't do my form correctly and I'm certain I flew threw it with zero intent or flow.  

I know Da Mu Hsing.  I've done it exactly 561 times since February 12.  It's not mastered by any means, but I do know it.  But the moment an outside variable was tossed into the mix, everything fell apart.  Thinking about this afterwards I realized this is because Da Mu Hsing isn't quite mine yet.  As Sifu mentioned in class the other night in reference to her working on a specific piece of Lao Gar.....I can do the form...but I don't own the form....it's not mine yet.  I need to work on making it mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment