Monday, September 21, 2020

Efficiency

I've been feeling like I need to get more organized with my training.  I am consistent with making sure I train every day, but the quality can sometimes be lacking.  Right now I tend to just practice what comes to mind at the time.  There are only a couple things I make sure to do each day but otherwise it's a bit of a "free for all".  Essentially I just do what I feel like doing at the given moment.  This is often based on what we've done in class or what has come up in my 1-on-1's....which is okay in terms of content....but when I train this way, I am fairly certain I waste much of my time deciding what to work on next from moment to moment.  Too much thinking, less actual doing.  Then by the time I know it, my hour is up and it's time to get the kids to school and myself to work.  I'm also quite certain that I am missing some very key aspects that I simply don't think about on the spot.  If I can make my training time more efficient, I think I would see better results.

I decided to make myself a weekly schedule in an effort to have a more well-rounded training regime.  I'm trying not to "over shoot" because I don't want to set myself up for failure, but I also want it to be challenging.  I want to feel like I've really worked hard for that hour.  It's also completely up in the air as to whether what I've got planned will fit in my hour....so we'll see!  But this should give me a good basis to start with and I will adjust and update as I go forward.

I'm attaching my schedule here for reference.  Any feedback is much appreciated....especially if there's anything vital that I've overlooked.  I'm always open to suggestions!!





1 comment:

  1. Your schedule looks solid and as long as it serves you then all is good. The thing that can be difficult to keep in front of you, especially when you have a schedule, is that quantity is an important aspect of quality. Many people spend too much time worrying about doing something correctly and not enough time just doing something. Get in as many mindful repetitions as you can and LOG THEM! If you are not logging them and keeping a running total, you cannot honestly answer the "Where am I?" question that is so important to mindful training.

    ReplyDelete