Wednesday, September 30, 2026

White Rabbit

I had a really great training day not long ago.

I was working through my forms, in full, and everything just felt right.

All the way through, I felt completely in control...of my breathing, my pace, and how I was phrasing the form. I was consciously choosing certain spots to slow down or speed up, but without sacrificing my flow. I was aware of everything, but not at all distracted. My intent felt clear, and I was completing every movement.

At the end, I didn't find myself completely gassed and out of breath. I was definitely fatigued, but not in the way I normally feel when I go 100%.

And I really felt like I gave 100%...but it was a completely different result than I'm accustomed to.

I carried on to Lao Gar and felt the same thing.

Like I was in complete control, without having to try so hard.

I'm sure I'm going to end up chasing that feeling now, because I know it's possible. At the same time, I realize it could become a bit of a white rabbit...the harder I try to recreate it, the more elusive it may become.

Maybe some of the things I've been working on are finally starting to stick. Maybe I'd gotten a great sleep and had been eating well. Maybe the stars were aligned.

Regardless, it was a really cool experience, and one I hope to have again

1 comment: