I have a confession. I still don't feel all that connected to my stick form.
For one, I think alot of my focus and excitement has been surrounding our fight choreography.
And for two, I have kept myself in "development" this whole time. There are a few parts where I just keep playing, looking for different/better ways. I haven't been successful, mind you....but by not fully committing, I haven't really given these spots the attention they need to evolve and get better.
This is leaving me feeling disconnected from my form, while also lacking trust. Not only do I feel this way...but it's also pretty obvious from an outside visual perspective as well.
Moving forward I've decided I'm just going to embrace what I have and go for it. Fully commit.
We'll see what kind of shift I can make over the next bit.
Maybe you need to visualize yourself as Jackie Chan and add some music for inspiration.
ReplyDeleteEventually we do just have to commit and use that as our form. It doesn't mean it can't or won't change but it gives us a base.
ReplyDelete