Tuesday, October 18, 2022

My Lifeline

My most recent blog was about how I had been feeling overwhelmed.  How I had some additional, non-kung fu, stressors put onto my plate that were sapping the majority of my mental energy. How I felt I was barely hanging on by a thread and how I was feeling badly about that.

After some further reflection my perspective has shifted somewhat.  That thread that I reference...that one that was keeping me sane...keeping me moving...keeping me from falling into total despair and oblivion....that thread was my Kung Fu.  Even though, on some days, I felt like I wasn't doing as much as I should...like I was failing.  I continued with as much as I could in the situation I was in.  Turns out that single thread was what I would consider to be my most essential components of the core requirements.  Push-ups, sit-ups, forms and blogging.  Amongst all the extra stressors, my Kung Fu was my lifeline.  Kung Fu was how I came back to myself throughout the day.

Looking back, my Kung Fu was working exactly as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment